Monday, July 8, 2013

John Mayer: Fully Recovered



John Mayer kicked off his Born& Raised World Tour in Milwaukee’s Marcus Amphitheatre on July 6. It was his first headlining gig since he had surgery last August. Mayer had Granuloma of the throat which is a benign growth that results from irritation or trauma. Although the surgery was a success, Mayer used a vocal-cord lubricating spray that he self-administered between songs.  Mayer mentioned his surgery once, dedicating his last song entitled, ‘A Face to Call Home,’ to “Katy, who is my face to call home.”

According to E! News, he told the crowd, “She would order [food] for me... and she would tell people, 'it's nice to meet you, he says,’ and when I was in Montana ... with bad service ... She was so patient as to continue to get to know me and love me.”

In the July edition of Vogue, Perry opened about her high-profile relationship with Mayer. She told Vogue that the relationship was over. The couple had called it quits again in March and she said, “I was madly in love with him. I still am madly in love with him. All I can say about that relationship is that he’s got a beautiful mind, a beautiful mind, tortured soul. I do have to figure out why I am attracted to these broken birds.”

The break-up didn’t last long at all and the on-again, off-again couple celebrated the Fourth of July together. Perry has been traveling with Mayer and their relationship seems to be getting serious. In an interview with the Today show he said, “Yeah, it's nice. It's as it's supposed to go. It's supposed to level out, you know. And it has leveled out at the right time. I'm the right age and the right soul. So I'm very happy.”

-Katherine 

No comments:

Post a Comment