Thursday, March 21, 2013

A Musicians Point of View


I’ll never forget the first time I picked up an instrument and music became a part of my life. Technically it was a trumpet, but that was the moment that happened (I’m not a brass guy and enjoy playing music I write rather than the stuff they had us play in 4th grade band).  No, that moment happened when I was 14 and finally got the bass and lessons I wanted to. I fell in love and started playing as soon as I got it, even though all I did was play notes out of key and without rhythm. I progressed though, joined a band, got lessons, and all that jazz. Then I broke my wrist in my sophomore year of high school, and took that as the sign I was looking for to switch to guitar. Since then, time has moved on, I learned guitar and a little bit of drums, ive played many shows with my band, seen even more. My first show I saw that I was truly into was taste of chaos in 2006. I remember it was half a dream lineup, and there was only one other show that had all my favorite bands at the time playing the same show (taste of chaos 2007). Taste of chaos had As I Lay Dying, Atreyu, Greeley estates, Silverstein, Story of the year, Thrice, and headlined by the Deftones. It was an amazing show, literally unforgettable and a great first experience into the concert world. The good news is Deftones and As I lay Dying are coming here to The Paramount, I’m going to make sure I’m at both of those and hopefully I get as good of a show as my first one. Here’s to hoping it’s a little bit of a throwback,. And also a show to symbolize my own personal progression  in the music world, from picking up that bass to now interning here and graduating school for audio engineering.

Steve - intern

Brick given to each of our artists that perform at The Paramount

No comments:

Post a Comment