Thursday, June 13, 2013

No Rime or Reason


 At age 13 Leann Rimes came out with her first album entitled ‘Blue’. She sold over 3.7 million albums and won 2 Grammy Awards, 3 Academy of Country Music Honors, and 12 Billboard Awards before the age of 25. Although her success was at its peak it was her private life that was making all the headlines.

In 2000 she filed a lawsuit against her father, claiming he pocketed $7 million of her earnings and kept tens of thousands in cash hidden on her tour bus. Two years later Leann seemed to find stability marring Dean Sheremet. After their seventh wedding anniversary, Dean filed for divorce due to Leanns’ public affair with Eddie Cibrian. At the time Eddie was married to the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills reality star, Brandi Glanville.

Yet again her personal life is continuing to make headlines. The current feud between Leann and Brandi continues to be about the custody of Brandi’s two sons with Eddie, Mason and Jake. During an appearance on the “Wendy Williams” show Brandi was asked how Leann is as a stepmom to which Brandi replied, “overbearing, well sorry, she is!” Brandi is not shy about her dislike for Leann and recently told In Touch that the songs on ‘Spitfire’ are the worst.  Brandi went on to say, “I don’t think anyone wants to listen to songs about a family being broken up.”

The new album ‘Spitfire’ is about Leann’s side of the story. She discusses finding love and the pain it caused. Leann says, “This album is a peek into my world; it’s who I am, what I’ve gone through, what my emotions are. It’s an intimate conversation between me and whoever’s listening. I hope I’m saying things that are hard for others to express. It certainly took me a lot of work to get to this point. And it’s still easier to sing these thoughts than it is to say them out loud. The intimacy in my music is just beginning.” She claims that Eddie supports the album and admits that it was hard for him to hear. The anticipation of the album is leaving critics wondering if Eddie will be touring with her. I guess we’ll have to wait and see if he is in the audience at the Paramount August 2!


-Katherine 

No comments:

Post a Comment